Friday, October 03, 2008

Kailey is 21 Months Old!

So, today Kailey turned 21 months. She is growing up SO FAST! I really feel like she was JUST born and in a few months we will be celebrating her SECOND birthday. My of my where has the time gone?!?!

Here is a picture from last year at this time and a current picture!


Last year at this time we were just getting settled in to our apartment, they had just started construction on our new house, Greg had started his job and I was in the process of purchasing my StrollerFit franchise. My have things changed in a year. Last year at this time Kailey was standing, but not walking and this year she is RUNNING! Last year she was saying small words and this year she is saying 2 and 3 word phrases- her vocabulary is HUGE! She surprises me everyday. Last year at this time we were just making friends here and this year we are happy to say we have lots of GREAT friends here.

I must admit... I get a little sad when Kailey gets another month older-- this morning I found myself thinking "Kailey will be in school soon," while I know it is a couple years away--I still get sad because time is just flying bye! Yes I know we can have more kids, but there is just something extra special about your first born- you can give them your all, 100%, you learn how to be a parent from your first child. Now I know what my Mom meant when she said I will always be her "toddler baby," she was right-- these precious first years just got by TOO FAST! Don't get me wrong-- I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching Kailey learn new things and become more and more independent, I just wish time would slow down some.




"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." -Hodding Carter






















1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Kailey is ABSOLUTLY GORGEOUS!!...
    I can honestly say she is the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen!! She just gets prettier and prettier everyday!
    Can't wait to see yall in a couple weeks!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete