Thursday, October 16, 2008

ESCAPEE!


Libby the "Escapee"

As most of you know we have two dogs, Buddy Lee and Libby. While we love them very much they have been quite mischievous pretty much since the day they were born. When we lived in Baton Rouge their digging was uncontrollable, BL would dig holes deep enough for him to hide in and Libby would dig just for the sake of being a pain in the butt. Well, when we moved to Texas Greg built this really nice dog run for them, it is perfect- keeps them contained and keeps the dog poop contained. There is NOTHING more gross than dog poop all over the yard, that is the LAST thing I want Kailey or the other kids that come to play stepping in- IT'S JUST GROSS! So, they have been contained to the run, they love it. Greg even laid chicken wire throughout their run before our sod was laid to prevent them from digging. (and it has worked)

Well, when Hurricane Ike came and blew part of our brick fence down they saw the opening to FREEDOM. (We are still waiting for HOA to fix it) Libby decided that she wanted to see what the other side of the wall looking like so she managed to JUMP OUT OF THE RUN, yes folks, over the 5 foot fence. I looked out and saw her at the back door- I opened it up and OFF she went-- OUT the back fence and to the road:( I started to cry and was chasing her down barefoot, with Kailey on my hip. I was calling her name and she would not listen. Thankfully, the yard guys saw her and whistled for her and she ran to them, they helped me get her back and when Greg got home he built the fence even higher so our circus dog cannot escape again. I will be SO HAPPY when the HOA fixes our back brick fence- then if BL and LL decide to escape they will still be contained within our yard.
Don't be fooled folks- LL isn't the only "escapee" of the family, BL escaped last week. When Greg was in Austin I went to feed him and he pushed his way out and paraded around the yard while I yelled for him to come back. He actually listened and came back to his kennel, Greg says I need show my dominance to him, but really when do I have time to "dominate" a dog?!?! BL is just stubborn. He is certainly the planner of the two. He plans the escapes and LL executes them. Never under-estimate the brains of our four legged friends:)
Buddy Lee the "con artist"

No comments:

Post a Comment