Monday, November 03, 2008

FIREPROOF

So this weekend my Mom came down for a visit- we had a WONDERFUL time with her here and of course she spolied us as usual. When Honey (my Mom), Kailey and I were out doing some Christmas shopping on Saturday she said that we should go on a date and let her watch Kailey- well we were certainly going to take her up on that!!! So, Greg and I got all dressed up and headed out! Boy, it is much easier getting ready when you don't have a toddler pulling on your legs.

First, we did some shopping- nothing fun- just electronics and sporting goods. Then we headed to the MOVIE THEATER! Greg and I have not been to a movie w/o Kailey in forever so this was a wonderful treat. We saw the movie Fireproof- let me tell you- this movie was AMAZING! I highly recommend it to ALL married couples. I cried, smiled and laughed and the movie was just great! Of course I had a buy a box of junior mints and a diet coke! It was really refreshing to see a movie without cursing, drugs, sex, etc. It was just a nice, wholesome movie-- IMAGINE that!

After our movie we headed to a LATE dinner at Tommy's Steakhouse and boy was it yummy. It was so wonderful to take our time and enjoy our meal without worrying about feeding annother person, cleaning up spilled drinks, etc. We took our sweet time and enjoyed every. single. bite. I had the stuffed pork loin--YUMMY! It was so good-- we left feeling really stuffed- reminded me of the feeling after eating one of the awesome meals on a cruise-- FULL and SATISFIED!

When we returned home we found Kailey sleeping and Honey just watching her sleep- it was so very sweet. I love it when Greg and I get a night out- it gives us a chance to reconnect and just talk- like we used to- before baby!

I am SO GLAD we got to have a night out and I know Honey loved every second of watching Kailey- Honey even cleaned up our house for us while we were gone---- THANKS MOM!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow- sounds like a great night! Can I borrow Honey???

    ReplyDelete