Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tiny Dancer


Last night was Kailey's first "official" dance class. It was amazing. She had gone to try the class and loved it, so we got all registered and officially started yesterday. She is in a class for 2-3 year olds. The class is broken into three parts: tumbling, ballet and tap. She was SO READY to get on her tights and leotard. She also has the cutest ballet slippers and tap shoes. They are so little! We got all ready and I asked her where we were going and she replied with "going to dance, Mommy." There are 5 little girls in the class and two teachers. The teachers are very sweet and are actual ballerinas so that makes it extra special. Kailey did fantastic--she did exactly what they asked and smiled the WHOLE TIME! It was such a proud moment, as a parent to see your child doing something so well and listening to directions. I watched everything through the viewing window with the other parents. She especially liked the tap dancing! She wanted to wear her tap shoes home and even showed us her moves when we got home. I thought for sure she would want to sleep in her tap shoes, but she let me take them off but asked for them first thing this morning. She will go to dance once a week and there is even a recital after they have been in class for 6 months.




This may sound silly, but I have dreamed of Kailey's first dance class pretty much since the minute I found out I was having a girl. I remember when I was in dance and I loved it, I knew that I wanted a little girl that liked to do the "girly" things, like dance!! Last night was such a special time. Girls are just so much fun!!
(I wish the pictures would have turned out better, but I was taking them through a double sided mirror.)

No comments:

Post a Comment